Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dark Days Challenge week 6: It's what's in the kitchen



This week's meal was one of those "look around the kitchen and see what needs to be cooked." We had Swedish Christmas sausage, mashed acorn squash with apples, lacinato kale sautéed with leeks, and steamed potatoes.

The sausage came from our local butcher shop, Bluescreek at the North Market, and contained potato and allspice. It was quite good, but since I am not the biggest sausage fan I am glad we only had one link to split. The lacinato (sometimes called dinosaur) kale was from our CSA farm, as was the acorn squash and Green Mountain potatoes. The leeks were from the garden and the apples from one of the local orchards. It was a fairly quick and healthy meal, since I was fairly restrained in my use of butter (for once!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum! Aside from the sausage (I don't eat meat), this is a meal I could dive right into. I don't know what else to say :-) Yes please! Can I steal it?